If you’ve kept your garden producing this winter, you may be looking for recipes to use up your cool-weather crops. One of the most commonly grown winter vegetables is cauliflower, and what better way to use up your extra produce than with a lovely soup recipe to warm your belly on those cold winter nights?
Read on for a unique and flavorful employee recipe that is vegan-friendly and oh-so-delicious:
Jennifer’s Curried Coconut Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, roughly chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 Medium head of Cauliflower, cut into florets with the thicker stems removed
- ½ Cup Raw Cashews
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 5 Tsp Curry Powder
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 13.5 oz Can Coconut Milk
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning or Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onion is slightly translucent.
- Add the cauliflower, curry, and red pepper flakes and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cashews, nutritional yeast, vegetable broth, and coconut milk to the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
Transfer the soup in small batches to a high-power blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Optional: Add the soup back into the pot and cook down for a few more minutes until it reaches a thicker consistency.
- Season to your liking, plate and serve. Jennifer recommends topping with hemp hearts and sprouted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
We hope you love this delicious vegan soup! Do you have any cauliflower recipes that you can’t live without? Let us know in the comments!